Tuesday 16 April 2013

Modelling Competition: Witch



The character I have decided to design is the witch form the Brothers Grimm 'Hansel and Gretel'. I first started the design process by looking at the traditional depiction of witches but I wanted to give more of a back story to my character: Why was she eating children? The story was set during a period of faming, probably based on the great faming in germany in 14th  century. I wanted to design her to be decreed, physically incapable to feed herself which is why she has to resort to feed on children.





Character Boards:


These panels show the simple design of the witch and images I used as reference in Maya. She has kyphosis: sever curvature of the spine; and arthritic hands and feet. She was a big woman but now she is starving so her ribs are showing and her arms have flesh hanging of the bone.


Witch Built in Maya:


This model was build solely in Maya. 



Witch built in Mudbox. 


I first made the basic mesh for this model in maya and then exported it into Mudbox where I added more detail to the mesh to allow for more detailed modelling.



No comments:

Post a Comment