Sunday 21 April 2013

Week1: Morpheus Rig


Morpheus rig:


This is the rig formate before any changes are made. The types of changes that can be made are to the size, shape and features of the characteristics.


A little girl, an old man, and a young man:


The texturing on this face was using one of the textures which came the rig so no alterations was made, I swapped one texture for another.


The Little Girl: The original texture (left) was modified in photoshop. I made it paler, made the checks a dark colour and with freckles. This with blue eyes and urban hair added to the girls character.






The Old Man: The face texture was changed in the same why as the little girl. Here I experimented with adding rings around the eyes. The way the UV texturing works means that some parts of the texture are stretched further than others or in directions which are unexpected. This meant that the establishing the direction of the rings took a couple of tries before I was satisfied with the over all look. 



For the old man I also wanted to change to colour of the eyes, making them blood shot and foggy with cataracts. Unfortunately the public colour is controlled by another part of the rig which refused to change colour so the pupil had to stay black. I also changed the colour of the teeth using a simple lambert.









 Character in poses:


This little exercise allowed me to learn how to use the Morpheus rig and get the characters into different character poses. I had trouble folding the arms of the young man because I originally made them larger so parts overlapped. So I made the arms smaller so they would be easier to move.







No comments:

Post a Comment