Wednesday 12 June 2013

Week 8: Secondary Blocking


I decided to use Al Pacino's performance as a reference for my animation as it is far better material to copy than my own performance.  Pacino's performance was a good reference for the overall body movement as well as the facial expression and lip movement.

In terms of body movement for this part of the dialogue, he moves slowly shifting his weight from one side of his body to the other when he changes positions slightly. He also moves towards camera slightly as he starts to talk which i have also incorporated into my animation.

When Pacino speaks he doesn't always look at the other characters. He looks down when saying 'if it will feed nothing else...' and look back saying ' it will feed my revenge'. This I felt was really powerful as it exaggerated the words said as he looked up. Also the way Pacino speaks he exposes his bottom teeth, moving his chin/ jaw and bottom lip when speaking. This really influenced how i moved my character and felt it gave some individual characteristics to my character.




In this part of the animation I changed the animation form stepped to spine (although I know know that I should have gone to liner first but i found the process i used worked well for me). here my main concern was holding the key poses and getting the timing with the words. the reference of Pacino helped as i could see when he moved in relation to when he spoke.



Pass 2: Secondary Blocking

No comments:

Post a Comment