Friday 14 June 2013

Week 9: Final Animation Take 1


This was my first full take of the animation. Although I think it works well over all I wasn't happy with it.  The eyes needed more animating- they felt too still and therefor dead. I don't feel that they should move around more but the skin around them should move more.

I also felt that the last shot didn't work well. I decided to lengthen it making both characters breath, especially Shylock as he, for my animation, just finished a big out burst. It also allowed me to show a little more action and reaction between the characters.

In a previous post I made mention to Glean Keane and how in one of his tutorial he was stretching the neck of one of his characters. I decided to use this type of exaggerated animation for Salarion's reaction to Shylock's sudden lunge forward.

I stretched the neck by moving the shoulder as I decided that the move backwards would be lead by the shoulder. The head then moves past the shoulder before stealing above the shoulder. I though that this created a good reaction to Shylocks actions and created a lot of overlap with the head and arms.


Shylocks Speech: Take 1



No comments:

Post a Comment