Monday 26 November 2012

After Effects: Flickering Tests


We had guest speaker Rok Predin who showed us some of this 2d work. One particular piece of work: Free as a Bird, was of particular interest to because he created a flickering effect to the animation making it look had drawn. I like this effect and wanted to see if i could recreate this in After Effects using some of my animation.


http://rokpredin.com

Flickering Test 1:


Here I used Fractal Noise and experimented with the Evolution change. this created a blotchy look to my character which shifts and moves.



Flickering Test 2:


Again I used Fractal Noise but this time changed only the brightness. also i added a tint to the background to make what would have been black in the fractal layer a light brown.


Flickering Test 03:


In this test I only had the fractal noise on the background layer and used a bit of Evolution to create a slightly shifting background. As the fractal noise was only on the background layer and doesn't effect the character I couldn't use the brightness levels to create a flickering light effect. Instead I created a Point light where I changed the intensity. A nicer touch is given by using the light is that I could create darker edges similar to Rok Predin's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment