Sunday 18 November 2012

Time Based Narrative: Week 7 Shot Development.

Shot 9:


This is the final shot in my part of the sequence where the traveller and the Snow Queen both jump over the 'camera' (this shot wasn't done using 2.5D as the camera doesn't need to move). In this clip I was placing the two characters in shot, deciding the on the timing of when they enter and exit shot. I also animated the traveller in After Effects using transform tools and the puppet pin tool. The Snow Queen is created using different frames which was easily done in photoshop changing her shape using the warp tool.




Shot 9: Tail design test


When creating the animatic I decided that the snow queens tail should move side to side like a snake. I though this would look more interesting that just have moving in a straight line. Also, for me, it gives her a more predatory movement. In the clip bellow I added some particles and although they do move side to side the movement isn't as prominate as I would have liked.





Shot 9: Final Tail design


After many alterations and experiments I used the tail particle test and increased the birth size of the particles and fired it to the Snow Queen's movements. This tail created the sense of movement I wanted without being to messy and over done.


No comments:

Post a Comment