Tuesday 27 November 2012

After Effects Video Editing

I'v only used After Effects as a compositing tool and never as an editing tool. The video below shows four clips which before and after they were edited in After Effects.

Unedited Video Clip



Edited Video:


In most of the clips I used a Warp Stabiliser to stabilise a hand help shot and produced a smother or still shot. In the first clip I also experimented with the Brightness and Contrast and used a Dust and Scratches setting to create the blurry intro. I key framed it to make it look like a POV shot with some slowly opening their eyes.

When editing clip 2 I enlarged and repositioned the clip to remove the bar at the bottom of the shot. I also used the Exposure to create bright fade out at the end of the clip and used the same technique for clip 3 as well as the Warp Stabiliser. Even having used this the shot still remains a little blurred showing that the computer can't correct every thing.

Clip 4 also needed the Warp Stabiliser but with this shot I wanted to experiment with downgrading the quality of the image. I used an Add Grain tool to create a pixilated effect.

The video below was edited in Premier Pro using dynamic links with After Effects. Here I removed the video's audio and replaced it with a music track with a audio cross dissolve at the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment