Monday 12 November 2012

Time Based Narrative: Week 7 Shot Construction

Shot 6 Running Cycle:

In shot 6 the traveller runs through the shot but he isn't running head on to the camera and he isn't running parallel to the camera. his position is more of a 3/4 profile. I had great trouble in finding a walk cycle in this position but I found small cycle made of 14 frames:

http://gatesuryu.deviantart.com/art/Human-Run-Cycle-83217714

Perpective test:

I took stills form the film and edited the 14 frames in photoshop in the background for this shot. I repeated and arranged the frames to see if the character would run through shot as I had storyboarded.


Traveller Running Cycle:

The perspective test worked and the character moved thought shot as I wanted. From there, in photoshop, I drew my character over the practice frames mimicking the movement. 



Then I placed my character into the shot background to see how he moves in the overall environment. I think the running cycle is effective and depicts a good sense of motion and that the shot structure is also visually effective. My character still needs to have a shadow to fully complete the illusion that he is running in that space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment