Friday 30 November 2012

Final Submission: The Snow Queen


Group Animation:

              

Created by Rebecca Meilak, Lloyd Thomas, Amy Cowley, Adam Atkins, Neil Yu- Ting Chio and Shadia Mohaiyuddin.
(Unfortunately Adam Atkins didn't provide any material so his animatic was used in the final sequence)

My Part of the Animation: 00:01:32:00- 00:01:55:00





The main thing learnt in this project more than the others is understanding the work flows in a projects, especially  when pitching ideas and working and directing a group. I enjoyed and felt comfortable in my role as director as I could take forward my idea and bring it to life but also could direct the group to achieve an other synchronised piece of work. 

The project was an over all positive experience for me and I enjoyed pre production concept ideas, idea development, story boarding to music, exploring software and animation tests, production and post production editing in After Effects. I had never used After Effects before this project but now I am confident in it's use all be it a  basic level.

This project particularly alerted me to the importance of story boarding and carrying a narrative through visual images and allowed the practice of these skills. This is particularly true in our project as it is the music which carries the narrative and no dialogue. 

Overall this project has giving me the planning and technical skill to start producing my own projects and shorts which I plan to start doing over the term break.




No comments:

Post a Comment