Tuesday 27 November 2012

Editing Photos in Photoshop

I have used photoshop during this term for my concept art and for my Time Based Narrative 2D animation. However I have never used it for editing photography. The first image below is an unedited jpeg image which I edited in photoshop.



 When editing i decided i wanted to create a dark dull day with the light coming in at a low angle lighting the bridge. Using the brightness and contrast I made the image less washed out. I increased the hue and saturation but still kept the colours keep the colours dull.  Separately I edited the buildings and the sky; making the sky darker using a Levels tool and edited the buildings using the Vibrancy and Curves tool.

I wanted the bridge to be lighter as if it was receiving more light than the buildings. I selected it using the Lasso tool and edited separately and feathered the edges. As an added effect I created reflections on the water where light form the bridge reflects onto the water.




No comments:

Post a Comment